Because of my assigned enrollment date, classes filled up quickly and it was the literature classes (in my world, electives) that were ultimately available. (New student = no credits = can take anything and still have it count for the degree.) There were actually quite a few classes still available, but the classes available were electives, as opposed to the required classes for my concentration. I registered for three classes that looked promising.
English 560 - Literary Criticism:
- Charles Bressler's Literary Criticism: An Introduction to Theory and Practice
- Martin Hallett's Folk and Fairy Tales: An Introductory Anthology
- Nancy Baker's Research Guide for Undergraduate Students (recommended)
- Deborah Fisk's The Cambridge Companion to English Restoration Theatre
- Scott McMillan's Restoration and Eighteenth-Century Comedy
- Thomas Shadwell's The Virtuoso