Friday, December 14, 2007

Almost Made It!

Last weekend was the Weekend of Being Social. On Friday night I went to see The Constant Couple by George Farquhar, and had an amazingly good time. I ran into some classmates whom I like; the professor who'd arranged the outing is exceptionally nifty; play was linguistically accessible and very funny; there were two actors - Bradford Cover and Eduardo Placer - who were especially good; our little gang went out for Thai food afterwards; and I didn't get home until almost 3 in the morning. It was quite the evening.

Last Saturday morning, being the Feast of the Immaculate Conception, I was up early for Mass, and utterly failed to get any work done due to being so tired. Saturday night I had plans to the Young New Yorkers' Chorus holiday concert, which was amazing. (Stella is an alto in the choir.) They sang a lovely selection of holiday songs; I bought a CD and was happy; but decided to go home before meeting up with Stella and her cronies; not only did I not think I had the stamina at that point, but this past week was the week in which nearly every remaining paper was due, and I simply could not afford another night of not enough sleep.

And work I did. I'd already had my literacy autobiography completed. I wrote the remaining number of journals, an introductory letter, and a tutoring analysis, all of which I printed, organized, and put in a binder (as well as a revised tutoring session observation) for one class (I submitted about 60 pages of writing for this one class); for another class I stayed up until 3 in the morning on Thursday to finish a paper on Alice Walker (I got nearly 11 full pages out of it) - I am incapable of determining whether this paper was decent or simple mediocre. On Thursday we had some really wet weather: It rained, snowed, and sleeted all at one; roads were slushy; and Chris drove me to the train station (to which I normally walk) so I could catch a slightly earlier train to campus, since I had to hand in this paper. Naturally, not 10 minutes after I got to campus, school closed, effective at 4 p.m. (I was scheduled to tutor from 4 to 6, and the paper was due at the beginning of class, which was shortly thereafter.) I submitted the paper anyway, and came home. I still have one 4-6 page paper to revise, but it's written, but it's not due until Monday afternoon.

This morning, at least, was busy: I did laundry, went to the grocery store, post office, and library, but neglected to go to the dry cleaners. This evening I found some paperwork that I need to submit to the New York City Department of Education, so I've photocopied various pieces of paper, wrote a letter, and stuck everything in an envelope. Tomorrow I plan on going to the dry cleaners and post office, and get a good piece of this final paper squared away.

And I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping! Almost...

No comments:

Post a Comment